Gracious Films, the company behind the upcoming documentary "The Rubber-Keyed Wonder: 40 Years of the Sinclair ZX Spectrum", is now taking preorders for a limited-edition Deluxe Collectors Box celebrating the famous microcomputer (thanks Retrododo for the spot!).
The box costs £159 and was designed to both commemorate the 40th anniversary of the microcomputer last year and promote the upcoming film. It is filled with a bunch of collectible gubbins, including a Blu-Ray of the documentary, a one-off special edition of Crash Magazine, and some Clive Sinclair-themed items.
According to Gracious Films, Clive Sinclair's son Crispin Sinclair, and the Sinclair family, helped to come up with the unique package and it will only be available in limited supply.
Here's an in-depth list from the website of what the box actually contains:
- 1 x Certificate of Authenticity from the Sinclair Estate (signed by Crispin Sinclair, son of Sir Clive Sinclair
- 1 x Special envelope to hold certificate
- 1 x rare Sir Clive Sinclair 48k postage stamp
- 1 x Acrylic Figurine of Sir Clive Sinclair holding a ZX Spectrum with design artwork behind him
- 1 x ZX Spectrum Resin Model
- 1 x ZX Spectrum colour-themed Wristband
- 1 x A5 Metal Poster (Official Film Poster)
- 1 x A5 Metal Poster (Practical Wireless Magazine 1958 cover featuring Sir Clive Sinclair)
- 1 x A5 Metal Poster (Break / Space Key from Spectrum keyboard)
- 1 x A5 One-off Special issue of CRASH Magazine (Exclusive to this Collectors Box)
- 1 x USB Cassette Tape (in box) containing legendary ZX Spectrum game making ofs and other rarities)
- 1 x High Quality Carton Rigid Collectors Box (with Magnetic Closing)
- 1 x Blu-ray copy of 'The Rubber-Keyed Wonder' Movie + Extras features
You can preorder the box here. Gracious Films have already pre-sold 140 of the 200 units it is hoping to produce, with 10 days left to go on the preorder campaign. It is estimated to ship in September 2023, but that's only if it can hit this target number of units. Otherwise, the company promises a full refund to customers.