Wow, I did not know about this! I tried doing it, and it was weirdly fun. I'm going to do it again.
I'm back from doing it again. It took three tries the first time, but about fifteen just then. I fell into a pit shortly after. It was a bit less fun that time.
For the purposes of the show, I think it's a good thing as it'll allow more games to be featured. I consider the fifth console generation to be the last retro one, the seventh to be modern, and the sixth to be the in-between one that's kind of retro and kind of modern. I know that doesn't really make a lot of sense, but it's how I think of them.
In Australia, EB Games markets Wii U and 3DS games as retro despite them being just slightly older than the Xbox One and PS4, which aren't. In 2021, they got rid of all their non-current gen systems, but they recently started selling discontinued consoles' games again but with "retro" branding. It's weird seeing PS1 games in the same category as Wii U games.
I have hundreds of hours in GoldenEye and Perfect Dark and know them better than the backs of my hands. I played the demo for an hour and I like what I've played so far. The controls feel slightly more floaty (I don't know if that's a good word), you can't crouch and instead of leaning when aiming you walk sideways like when using two controllers or in the XBLA version. My only criticisms are that you can't aim with the crosshair on the first level until you are told to and that there isn't a "classic" button style so it can't be played with an N64 controller.
Ha, this is awsome! Those pictures look far better than anything I've tried taking of the night sky. However, I've only ever used a small, portable telescope and am not a great photographer in the first place. Maybe I should bring my 3DS when I go stargazing next. I doubt it would look pretty but it's worth a shot.
I'm young and grew up with a Wii, PS3 and 3DS but I got a Game Boy Pocket with Super Mario Land that's in great condition for my birthday. It felt so fun and cosy playing it on original hardware. It's almost like nostalgia for something I didn't experience, if that makes sense.
Comments 11
Re: Random: This Aged Drill Press Has Been Converted Into A Puzzle Bobble Controller
That is awesome! Tom's made so many amazing things.
Re: Be Honest, Did You Know About This Mushroom-Saving Super Mario Bros. Trick?
Wow, I did not know about this! I tried doing it, and it was weirdly fun. I'm going to do it again.
I'm back from doing it again. It took three tries the first time, but about fifteen just then. I fell into a pit shortly after. It was a bit less fun that time.
Re: Popular Retro Gaming Variety Show, Game Center CX, Lifts Ban On PS3 & Nintendo Wii Games
For the purposes of the show, I think it's a good thing as it'll allow more games to be featured. I consider the fifth console generation to be the last retro one, the seventh to be modern, and the sixth to be the in-between one that's kind of retro and kind of modern. I know that doesn't really make a lot of sense, but it's how I think of them.
In Australia, EB Games markets Wii U and 3DS games as retro despite them being just slightly older than the Xbox One and PS4, which aren't. In 2021, they got rid of all their non-current gen systems, but they recently started selling discontinued consoles' games again but with "retro" branding. It's weird seeing PS1 games in the same category as Wii U games.
Re: Fans Are Convinced This Wolfenstein Game Is Getting A Remaster
I got this pre-owned on PS3 in November as it was very cheap, but I haven't played it yet. Wolf 3D is the only Wolfenstein I have played so far.
Re: DOOM Has Been Recognised As One Of "The Most Influential Works" Of American Culture
If there's any game that deserves this title, it's Doom. It's simply a masterpiece and popularised an entire genre.
Re: Agent 64 Is The Perfect Dark & GoldenEye 007 Successor We've Been Waiting For, And It Arrives Next Month
I have hundreds of hours in GoldenEye and Perfect Dark and know them better than the backs of my hands. I played the demo for an hour and I like what I've played so far. The controls feel slightly more floaty (I don't know if that's a good word), you can't crouch and instead of leaning when aiming you walk sideways like when using two controllers or in the XBLA version. My only criticisms are that you can't aim with the crosshair on the first level until you are told to and that there isn't a "classic" button style so it can't be played with an N64 controller.
Re: One Of The World's Most Obscure Consoles Just Got Its Own Version Of DOOM
If Doom ports keep coming at this rate I'll be able to play on my umbrella in a few months.
Re: Random: The Internet Is Going Crazy For This Early 2000s Activision Surfing Game
Wow, that's some good lookin' water!
Re: This Disney-Inspired PS1 RPG From The Creator of Disgaea Is Making Its Way To Nintendo Switch 2 & PS5
I haven't heard of this before. This seems like just my type of game, but my backlog's big enough already. It's on my wishlist, at least.
Re: "I'm Back With More Dumb Game Boy Camera BS" - Someone Used The Game Boy Accessory To Take A Picture Of Jupiter
Ha, this is awsome! Those pictures look far better than anything I've tried taking of the night sky. However, I've only ever used a small, portable telescope and am not a great photographer in the first place. Maybe I should bring my 3DS when I go stargazing next. I doubt it would look pretty but it's worth a shot.
Re: Thanks To These Upgrades, My Beloved Game Boy May Have Reached Its Final Form
I'm young and grew up with a Wii, PS3 and 3DS but I got a Game Boy Pocket with Super Mario Land that's in great condition for my birthday. It felt so fun and cosy playing it on original hardware. It's almost like nostalgia for something I didn't experience, if that makes sense.