Sega's Street of Rage 2 is widely regarded as one of the finest scrolling fighters of all time, and is certainly one of the Mega Drive's best titles.
Now, fans are updating this classic beat 'em up with modern features, under the name Streets of Rage 2 New Era. This stand-alone game uses the original Streets of Rage 2 ROM (the developers recommend that you download the original from Steam) and adds stuff like achievements, widescreen support and more.
Here's what's included:
- Classic mode - a true recreation of the original game.
- 30th Anniversary mode - an enhanced version of the game in widescreen, fluid controls and countless bugfixes.
- Local and online multiplayer - up to 4 players.
- Built-in speedrun time splits and game replays.
- A couple of surprises that you unlock by completing achievements.