Now, fans are updating this classic beat 'em up with modern features, under the name Streets of Rage 2 New Era. This stand-alone game uses the original Streets of Rage 2 ROM (the developers recommend that you download the original from Steam) and adds stuff like achievements, widescreen support and more.
Here's what's included:
- Classic mode - a true recreation of the original game.
- 30th Anniversary mode - an enhanced version of the game in widescreen, fluid controls and countless bugfixes.
- Local and online multiplayer - up to 4 players.
- Built-in speedrun time splits and game replays.
- A couple of surprises that you unlock by completing achievements.