Comments 274

Re: A Second Namco Collection Has Been Revealed For The Evercade Handheld System

BionicDodo

That's a pretty impressive line-up. This thing officially has my attention now.

Still think it's a shame that it has a 16:9 screen though. The button layout doesn't look like it'll work for playing games in TATE mode and so every single game is going to have borders at the side when played in its original aspect ratio. Would have preferred a 4:3 screen, but I guess they're hard to source cheaply these days.

Re: Feature: The Console Wars Are Back With The Analogue Mega Sg, The First FPGA Sega Console

BionicDodo

I can't justify the price right now given that I have a Mega Drive 1 + OSSC but if this thing had 32X support built in and a CD slot to allow the playing of Mega Drive, 32X and Mega CD games out of the box...

Likewise, if they made a single unit capable of playing PC Engine, TurboGrafx, SuperGrafx and PCE CD games I'd order in an instant. I highly doubt they'll ever do an optical drive though. Maybe support for the images from SD... (again, I doubt it)

Re: Modular Console RetroBlox Could Be The Ultimate Old-School Gaming Platform

BionicDodo

"Of course, these systems succeed or fail on the quality of their emulation, but it would seem that RetroBlox will set a new standard. It uses special "Hybrid emulation" to achieve unprecedented performance, peerless compatibility and lag-free control."

Hmmm... writing that in the article text without the use of inverted commas makes this whole thing feel much more like a press release than an actual article.

Re: Book Review: The Bitmap Brothers: Universe

BionicDodo

Awesome! Love the Bitmap Brothers games. Was just saying the other day that a collection of their games remade 3D Classics style for the 3DS would be amazing. The Chaos Engine, Gods, Magic Pockets, Cadaver, Speedball 2 and Xenon 2 would be a fantastic package. Maybe it'll have to be 2D and for the Switch...