The remaster of Apogee Software's 1995 first-person shooter Rise of the Triad has finally got a release date.
A collaboration between Apogee Entertainment, New Blood Interactive, and Nightdive Studios, Rise of the Triad: Ludicrous Edition will launch on July 31st across Nintendo Switch, PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S and PC (via Steam and GOG), as reported yesterday by Gematsu. It will also get a free demo later this month, which will be available during this year's Steam Next Fest on June 19th.
Rise of the Triad, in case you're unaware, started life as an ID Software-authorized Wolfenstein sequel, before eventually transforming into its own unique project. It follows the story of five playable agents of the High-risk United Nations Task Force (or H.U.N.T for short) sent to investigate a deadly cult before uncovering a sinister plot that could potentially lead to the death of millions. Players must load up with an arsenal of fun and interesting weapons (including various magical items), and blast a path through the collection of cultists, guards, and robots that are standing in their way.
According to Steam, Rise of the Triad: Ludicrous Edition will feature the following:
- 4K and Ultrawide Resolution support + Unlimited frame rates
- All original ROTT episodes and expansion packs
- Restored game content from "lost" betas
- Ability to play with 1995 or 2013 Soundtracks + Jukebox
- Online & LAN Comm-Bat Multiplayer featuring multiple game modes
- A brand new easy-to-use Level Editor
- A NEW episode created by New Blood, Night Dive, and Apogee Software Veterans
- LUDICROUS GIBS
If you want to support the game prior to launch, you can head over to Steam to wishlist it now.