I've looked at all of the videos of this decompile and I can't figure out what it's bringing to the table. Literally ALL of it's options are identical to the Model 2 Emu. Also it seems to have all the PROBLEMS of the Model 2 Emu like flickering cars on Slave units, due to the networking never being completely resolved despite there being 12 year long (Yes, still on going, 12 years later) forum threads of people looking at it and attempting to resolve it but never completely/
Frankly I suspect the AI basically mashed the source from the Model 2 Emu with the ROM into some 'Native' monstrosity that solves none of the existing emulation problems. It's a literal move compared to existing emulation options as a result. And hasn't MAME resolved the flickering better already?
And, I mean, if you gonna decompile it and make a port, it should run real good and solve any of the problems of emulation, shouldn't it?
@sdelfin Actually it's not. I downloaded the HTML file and it's a 235kb file. There's even an entire FIRMWARE payload in the HTML file. Some 63000 characters are on one line tagged as the firmware payload.
It's literally all in the HTML file, everything. It's nuts.
On the bright side, it should be VERY easy to backward engineer from this if needed,
So it's configurable via a website? There's no offline app you can install to do the job?
That's kinda a deal killer for me, they won't run the website indefinitely and in a matter of a few years it'll probably become impossible to reconfigure. :/
Comments 4
Re: Dev Behind AI-Assisted Daytona USA PC Port Says They Didn't Intend To Hide Claude's Involvement
I've looked at all of the videos of this decompile and I can't figure out what it's bringing to the table. Literally ALL of it's options are identical to the Model 2 Emu. Also it seems to have all the PROBLEMS of the Model 2 Emu like flickering cars on Slave units, due to the networking never being completely resolved despite there being 12 year long (Yes, still on going, 12 years later) forum threads of people looking at it and attempting to resolve it but never completely/
Frankly I suspect the AI basically mashed the source from the Model 2 Emu with the ROM into some 'Native' monstrosity that solves none of the existing emulation problems. It's a literal move compared to existing emulation options as a result. And hasn't MAME resolved the flickering better already?
And, I mean, if you gonna decompile it and make a port, it should run real good and solve any of the problems of emulation, shouldn't it?
Re: This Cute Coin Cube Lets You Use Real Quarters To Add Credits To Arcade Emulators
@sdelfin Actually it's not. I downloaded the HTML file and it's a 235kb file. There's even an entire FIRMWARE payload in the HTML file. Some 63000 characters are on one line tagged as the firmware payload.
It's literally all in the HTML file, everything. It's nuts.
On the bright side, it should be VERY easy to backward engineer from this if needed,
Re: This Cute Coin Cube Lets You Use Real Quarters To Add Credits To Arcade Emulators
@Deway I stand quite happily corrected.
Re: This Cute Coin Cube Lets You Use Real Quarters To Add Credits To Arcade Emulators
So it's configurable via a website? There's no offline app you can install to do the job?
That's kinda a deal killer for me, they won't run the website indefinitely and in a matter of a few years it'll probably become impossible to reconfigure. :/