Honō no Rangerman, or Blazing Rangers, is an original one-screen action game for FC- or NES-compatible hardware, realized in the style of '80s arcade games.
The setting and goal is easily explained: You are a firefighter with the task to rescue all kids from a dangerous fire site.
Equipped with a water hose, you can choose between two characters and will fight an ever-growing wall of fire and a plethora of dangerous enemies to open up the way and save the children. It's also important not to dawdle around - they might get burned if you don't take some risks and hurry to their rescue!
- exciting & unique fire-fighting gameplay for real FC or NES hardware
- more than 32 challenging levels with many hidden secrets
- a wide array of power-ups and enemies
- two different game modes with strong changes to the game-play
- 2 player co-operative play, a partner can join the game at any time
- randomly generated dangers, each play-through will challenge you in new ways
The game was developed with mapper0 restrictions (the earliest NES cartridges) by the Japanese game developer Karu_gamo, who is known for his previous work on the Mamotte Knight series.