Whenever I hear any creative developer saying that AI is "another creative tool.", I always want to ask them the follow-up of "what creative work in their field do they think stands as a towering work compared to the past's previous accomplishments? Where does it go to make things above and beyond beyond a "work came out faster now."
So many of the indies that made it big since the dawn of them in games have been small teams, or even one person developers who made things that weren't just clones of Mario or Sonic or whatever mining of the past had done.
If the goal of these publishers or devs or whoever to turn, lets be honest, completely forgotten by a younger generation works like Dizzy/Manic Miner/James Cod into something competitive with a triple AAA company, that's cheap buzzy schlock to part somebody to invest in them to think they are creating something that will make not even Balatro money, but Grand Theft Auto money. Grifting at its finest.
@President_Leever definitely agree. Everyone always takes the "oh the frame rate isn't a contemporary one" as a bad thing. In Star Fox, (maybe outside Meteor where enemies do show up very quickly in front of you), the game seems to be designed for the frame rate it was always at.
I guess I'd have to play it, but this doesn't seem like a "fix" to a "problem".
Comments 5
Re: "If I Didn't Have These Powerful Tools, I Wouldn't Do It at All" - The Oliver Twins Explain Why They're Dizzy About GenAI
Whenever I hear any creative developer saying that AI is "another creative tool.", I always want to ask them the follow-up of "what creative work in their field do they think stands as a towering work compared to the past's previous accomplishments? Where does it go to make things above and beyond beyond a "work came out faster now."
So many of the indies that made it big since the dawn of them in games have been small teams, or even one person developers who made things that weren't just clones of Mario or Sonic or whatever mining of the past had done.
If the goal of these publishers or devs or whoever to turn, lets be honest, completely forgotten by a younger generation works like Dizzy/Manic Miner/James Cod into something competitive with a triple AAA company, that's cheap buzzy schlock to part somebody to invest in them to think they are creating something that will make not even Balatro money, but Grand Theft Auto money. Grifting at its finest.
Re: Obscure, Bomb-Based PS1 Puzzler 'Suzuki Bakuhatsu' Gets Fan Translated
Mild mix up. It couldn't have been published by Square Enix as those companies did no merge until 2003.
Otherwise cool article, keep up the good work!
Re: "Randy Is A Madman!" - SNES Star Fox Gets A Speed Boost Thanks To Super FX 3
@President_Leever definitely agree. Everyone always takes the "oh the frame rate isn't a contemporary one" as a bad thing. In Star Fox, (maybe outside Meteor where enemies do show up very quickly in front of you), the game seems to be designed for the frame rate it was always at.
I guess I'd have to play it, but this doesn't seem like a "fix" to a "problem".
Re: Online Sleuths Discover Amazing Screenshots Of Lost Mario Land Virtual Boy Game
@obijuankanoobie "Idol Hakkenden" for the Famicom
Re: Online Sleuths Discover Amazing Screenshots Of Lost Mario Land Virtual Boy Game
While I dig the clairtity of these screenshots, I'm pretty sure I saw all of them in Nintendo Power in the 90s.