I see approximately 16% of us are over 40 if these poll numbers correlate accurately. Everyone at my elementary school knew this. Even I did and I was the weird kid who had a Sega Master System. Those are two independent things; having a master system wasn't what made me weird.
@Thad I agree. Since I am from Freedomville in central Eagleland I have never played this game and I am pretty stoked that it's not a remake. And the look of the CRT filter is gorgeous. Whatever they've done here is exactly what I wanted.
Ha! I got my copy of Illusion of Gaia here in the states in 1997 too. It was at a store called "Roses" that had already almost completely gone out of business by then and they still had a sealed special edition of the game that came with a T-Shirt. (That Roses is still open today somehow)
@RootsGenoa I would argue that by 1989 standards, animal crossing is extremely deep, but I still don't think we're at "endlessly" levels. I'm not sure how hyperbole translates.
I'm very proud of my wife for immediately recognizing the problem despite being much younger than me and therefore never having owned an NES. Also we don't even live in the PAL region, so this is pretty egregious!
Comments 6
Re: Be Honest, Did You Know About This Mushroom-Saving Super Mario Bros. Trick?
I see approximately 16% of us are over 40 if these poll numbers correlate accurately. Everyone at my elementary school knew this. Even I did and I was the weird kid who had a Sega Master System. Those are two independent things; having a master system wasn't what made me weird.
Re: "This Moment Has Been Long Awaited" - Terranigma Is Coming To Switch, Switch 2, PS5, Xbox And PC Early Next Year
@Thad I agree. Since I am from Freedomville in central Eagleland I have never played this game and I am pretty stoked that it's not a remake. And the look of the CRT filter is gorgeous. Whatever they've done here is exactly what I wanted.
Re: Random Game Saturday: Terranigma (SNES)
Ha! I got my copy of Illusion of Gaia here in the states in 1997 too. It was at a store called "Roses" that had already almost completely gone out of business by then and they still had a sealed special edition of the game that came with a T-Shirt. (That Roses is still open today somehow)
Re: Wake Up, It Looks Like Terranigma Might Finally Be Getting A Re-Release
I really want this but if they can also do illusion of Gaia I'd be happy
Re: Shigeru Miyamoto Predicted Animal Crossing's Appeal Over A Decade Before It Launched
@RootsGenoa I would argue that by 1989 standards, animal crossing is extremely deep, but I still don't think we're at "endlessly" levels. I'm not sure how hyperbole translates.
Re: BBC Recently Covered The Rise Of Retro Gaming - See If You Can Spot The Problem
I'm very proud of my wife for immediately recognizing the problem despite being much younger than me and therefore never having owned an NES. Also we don't even live in the PAL region, so this is pretty egregious!