@devastating_dave frankly we shouldn't need to read the code of a project the figure out if it was made with AI, whether you're a developer or not. I know the signs and I look for them if not listed, but it makes my life much easier if I can see Claude as the #2 contributor. Non-devs don't always know what to look for, but can still have good reasons to avoid AI use in projects, especially if they can't tell the quality of the project. I don't believe they're being as malicious as others claim, but for the common man, this is hiding AI use.
@dodgykebaab Making an allusion to compilers is ridiculous considering the non deterministic nature of LLMs. No C developer checks their machine code to see if it compiled correctly. It's fundamentally a different way of development. The debate of AI use in software development is something I care about. Even software developers like myself, have gross ethical concerns with the use of generative AI, full stop. Just because people use it doesn't mean we have to accept it. But we should all lay down and let it happen I guess.
Comments 2
Re: Sega's Classic Arcade Daytona USA Comes To PC In AI-Assisted Non-Emulator Fan Port
@devastating_dave frankly we shouldn't need to read the code of a project the figure out if it was made with AI, whether you're a developer or not. I know the signs and I look for them if not listed, but it makes my life much easier if I can see Claude as the #2 contributor. Non-devs don't always know what to look for, but can still have good reasons to avoid AI use in projects, especially if they can't tell the quality of the project. I don't believe they're being as malicious as others claim, but for the common man, this is hiding AI use.
Re: Sega's Classic Arcade Daytona USA Comes To PC In AI-Assisted Non-Emulator Fan Port
@dodgykebaab Making an allusion to compilers is ridiculous considering the non deterministic nature of LLMs. No C developer checks their machine code to see if it compiled correctly. It's fundamentally a different way of development. The debate of AI use in software development is something I care about. Even software developers like myself, have gross ethical concerns with the use of generative AI, full stop. Just because people use it doesn't mean we have to accept it. But we should all lay down and let it happen I guess.