If you've ever wanted to see what would happen if you combined the explosive action of Hudson Soft's Bomberman with the subterranean tunnelling of Namco's Dig Dug, well, you're in luck.
You play as a rabbit who must stop an invasion of carrot-hungry moles, with the help of your arsenal of explosives. There are 256 single-screen time-limited stages to play through, as well as a kill screen to reach, with the immediate goal being to defeat all the enemies on each level with your bomb-dropping skills. You can also collect carrots in each stage, with these pickups within the level adding to your overall score.
Here's a full list of features taken from the store page:
- 256 time-limited single-screen stages... and a kill screen! Let's see if you can get to it.
- Bonus stage every 5 stages... and a secret bonus stage!
- 5 fast-paced chiptune tracks.
- Local high scores leaderboard.
- Optimized to be used in arcade cabinet machines.
- Lots and lots of explosions!
- Vertical screen with beautiful bezels to fill the void.
- 16-color palette.
- Pixel perfect scaling.
- CRT filter.
- Attract mode (just like in the old arcade machines).
- TATE mode (rotate the screen to play the game as it was meant to).
The game will cost €4,99/$4,99/$4.99 on Steam/Nintendo Switch (with a 20% off discount for the first week). You can currently try out a free demo on Steam. And be sure to wishlist the final version if you find yourself enjoying it!