It's Christmas. That's right! The time of the year to put your feet up and bury yourself in video games, fancy food, and enough alcohol to drown a small elephant. With 2022 coming to an end, we find ourselves in an especially reflective mood, and of course, there's a lot to look back on from this year gone by.
Back in July, we launched Time Extension with the aim of "looking back into the past to uncover hidden gems, proclaim stone-cold classics, and shed a light on the human stories behind some of our favourite games, companies, and systems." And without tooting our horn too much, we think we've had a pretty good college try at it, producing plenty of reviews, features, and guides with just a small team of two and a pool of fantastic freelancers.
We've had exclusives on lost handhelds, interviews with industry legends, reports on cancelled games, and in-depth insights into the spaces where classic studios were based. It's been a busy year for us at Time Extension, and, though it may be cliché to say, we feel like we're just getting started.
- Meet The "Playboy" Handheld, Rare's Unreleased Game Boy Rival
- Former Sega President Tom Kalinske On The Rise & Fall Of A 16-Bit Empire
- The Tale Of Spiral Saga, The Lost PlayStation 1 Exclusive
- Rare's Manor Farm HQ - Nintendo's '90s Hit Factory
- The Making Of: Sonic Triple Trouble 16-Bit, 2022's Best Fan-Made Reboot
- The Late Rieko Kodama On Phantasy Star, Skies of Arcadia, And Challenging Stereotypes
Your support throughout the year has meant that next year we'll be able to pursue even more fantastic stories on the games and companies that shaped us, and spotlight even more amazing creators finding ways to breathe new life into old games. We hope you have a fantastic Christmas and holiday season and that you'll join us again next year to see more of what we have in store for you.